Thank you for your interest in this position. We are now reviewing resumes.
The BikeMaps.org team is looking for a part time developer to assist with creation of a new webmap for crowdsourcing microscale barriers to walking and rolling. BikeMaps.org was launched in 2014 and is used in over 40 countries for crowdsourcing data on bicycle collisions, near misses, and hazards. Funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), our new tool will be similar in providing people with a mechanism for reporting barriers to safely and comfortably using our city sidewalks and pathways.
The part time developer will assist our lead developer in building the webmap, website, and visualization tools. The ideal candidate will have experience with multiple tools in the list below:
- Front-end web development experience that includes:
- Familiarity with ReactJS
- UI design and experience styling with scss or css
- Experience with Flask, Django or familiarity with Python
- Knowledge of the concepts of REST APIs
- Experience with Git and/or Github or other version control systems
- Experience developing dynamic visualizations and charts
Competitive wages commensurate with experience. Approximately 10-15 hours per week beginning December 1, 2020. You also must be currently legally permitted to work in Canada.
The BikeMaps.org team is a collegial team of researchers who are community engaged and excited to partner with planners and health professionals. Join our team to help make streets safer and healthier!
Please send your résumé by Monday Nov 9th to:
BikeMaps.org Executive Director